Int’l Program Hosting & Event Management
Young Professional Development Society Nepal has been hosting International Events and Program collaborating with several youth group and NGOs. The very first step is to establish a tangible goal and objectives. (e.g., why are you organizing this event and what do you hope to achieve?)
- Brainstorm names: When you are brainstorming the event name, think about:
- how is your event different from other events in your sector?
- what are you hoping to convey through this event?
- Create a Tagline:Once you’ve come up with a name, also try to craft a tagline – a short, memorable branding slogan that describes the event.
- This plan should encompass all aspects of the event, including:
- Venue, logistics & catering management (contracts, permits, insurance, etc.)
- Speakers/presenters (identifying, confirming, logistics & management)
- Publicity/promotion (online & off-line, e.g.,: web page & online promotion; events calendars; printed programs; media relations; signage; social media, etc.)
- Registration (online sign-up, payment and tracking; on-site sign-in, etc.)
- Sponsor/partner management
- Volunteer management
It is necessary to ensure participation of the common youth in the areas of economic, political, social and cultural development. Youth leadership can be established by bringing about economic and social transformation through youth’s participation, collaboration and leadership. Nepal having level wise structures and diversities, it is necessary to promote the culture of youth’s participation and collaboration. It lays emphasis on youth’s participation and collaboration through democratic values, norms and procedures.
One of the major psychological issues for adolescents is developing a better understanding of themselves. This means that the component of self awareness is crucial to a youth leadership development program. Youth would be given time to reflect on their own values, talents, and skills and ways in which they could best use their abilities to provide service for others. Attempts would also be made to place individual values & goals into a cultural context to assist youth in better understanding the impact of their cultures on their own values & plans.